On April 1st (April Fools' Day), 2008, all Guild Wars characters changed into three-dimensional stick figures. Unlike 2007, this change would persist both in towns and while in explorable areas. NPCs were unaffected. Additionally, the game updates announced on this day were fake.
- All stickmen use the same emotes and casting animations as a male ranger.
- Only level 20 characters are transformed into a stickman.
- If you are swallowed by a Junundu wurm or mount a Siege Devourer you will remain a stickman and continuously use the /no emote until you move or use a skill.
- If you use a form skill or a transformation tonic like the Transmogrifier Tonic you will still be a Stickman.
- If you are Gwen, Saul D'Alessio, Master Togo or Turai Ossa you still stay a stickman and continuously use the /no emote until you move or use a skill. (must have the Bonus Mission Pack)
- Heroes and Henchmen are not affected.
- You remain a Stickman in most Cinematics, it is currently known that your character will leave stick form in the final cutscene of The Battle of Jahai.
- Stickmen do not have visible capes and armor.
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Birthday Celebrations||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009|
|Recurring||Easter • Lucky weekend • Special Treats Weekend • Talk Like a Pirate Day|
|One-time||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|