- Destroy the Shadow Army group at the western camp on the Great Battle Field, to free Kromril the Eternal
- 10,000 XP
- "The army of Menzies will soon be upon the battle plain, and it shall be my duty to lead the Eternals against them. The enemy cannot overcome the power of Balthazar, but I have sensed some dark sorcery upon the battlefield, some new trick of the deceiver Menzies.
- Quickly, before the Shadow Army has mustered, go into the camp across the battlefield and strike down the Priest of Menzies. Then bring to me any unholy texts you find. That is how we shall discover the nature of this dark sorcery."
- Accept: "I will do what I can."
- Reject: "You ask too much."
From the Eternals' camp, cross the plains to the east, where you will see another encampment on top of a small hill. The plains are patrolled by large groups of the Skeleton Army, but if you're careful you should be able avoid most of them (if you want to).
The Shadow Army camp is guarded by two level 30 Dragon Liches. One is positioned at each ramp leading up to the hill, but they also move around. Kill both of them before attacking the camp (you don't want one of them to suddenly appear at your back while fighting the priest). The Priest is a massive healer, so taking him out first would be prudent.
After killing the Priest of Menzies he will drop a book, which you have to take back to Kromril.
- To correctly receive the reward from this quest, you must first obtain the quest from Kromril before giving him the book as only one party members needs to take the quest for the Priest of Menzies to appear. If you obtain the quest after the book is given, you will most likely be unable to complete it and will not be able to obtain its reward. Therefore, if you realize you did not take the quest and your party took the book and is heading towards Kromril, ask them to wait for you to take the quest from the NPC before they give him the book. This way, you will receive the reward for the quest.
- This quest is a nod to the cult classic zombie movie Army of Darkness, in which the protagonist (Ash) steals the Necronomicron (an ancient and evil Sumerian Text), thereby angering a vast host of undead enemies.