Attack skills are a sub-class of the type skill. When activated, they cause you to attack and provide a damage bonus or additional effect for that attack. Also, there are skills that interact with Attack skills by providing aditional effects to attacks, modifying their costs and/or recharge times, or hitting a target multiple times.
Subtypes of the type "attack skill" require the attacker to be wielding a specific kind of weapon (or have a living pet). Attempting to use an attack skill with the wrong kind of weapon will result in red message stating the wrong weapon type is equipped. Also, when the wrong kind of weapon is equipped, the skill icon for an attack skill will be greyed out with a red slash across it and a small weapon icon showing the required weapon type.
The following shows the attack skill sub-type tree and which professions have skills of each type:
- Melee Attack (Assassin, Warrior, Dervish)
- Ranged Attack
- Pet Attack (Ranger)
- Attack speed skills quick reference for a list of skills that boost attack speed, increasing damage output (includes skills that decrease attack speed).
- Attack skills with activation times quick reference
- Attack skill interaction quick reference
- Attacks multiple times skills quick reference