|Boss Monster Example|
This is an example of a Boss Monster.
Bosses are bigger and tougher versions of regular mobs, clearly distinguishable by the fact they have a proper name rather than a generic one. They usually have a slightly higher level than the corresponding mob (i.e. if a regular Grawl is level 4, a Grawl boss might be level 6). There are bosses for almost every type of opponent in the game. Bosses usually have the same skills as their conventional counterpart. Every time a boss is killed, the party gets a 2% Morale Boost and all the party members' skills are recharged, including Resurrection Signets. This happens even if the boss is killed by other monsters, without interference of the players.
The corpse of a boss will not disappear after some time, as regular corpses do, but will stay visible. This is to allow for the use of Signet of Capture to capture skills from dead bosses. For PvE characters, this is the only way to acquire Elite Skills.
- Note that non-fleshy bosses don't leave visible corpses but it is still possible to capture skills from them in the normal way. These bosses will however, leave a small shadow on the ground in some areas making it easier to find their general location.
Note: It is also important to be mindful of the corpse in some advanced areas where players will encounter monsters who can resurrect. They may revive the defeated boss. Defeating resurrected bosses will not yield additional morale boosts or additional loot, and will not recharge skills again.
- In all campaigns, Bosses possess a natural +3 Health Regeneration.
- In the Prophecies Campaign and Nightfall Campaign, Conditions and Hexes last for a reduced span of time on a boss (see Natural resistance).
- In the Factions Campaign and Nightfall Campaign, damage from bosses is doubled. For example, if a Mesmer with 16 Domination Magic uses Cry of Frustration which would normally deal 46 damage at 16 Domination Magic, the boss deals 92 damage. Also, their skill activation times and skill recharge times are halved.
Bosses have a colored aura around them which denotes which class they are:
- Yellow - Warrior
- Light Green - Ranger
- Blue - Monk
- Dark Green - Necromancer
- Magenta - Mesmer
- Red - Elementalist
- Light Lavender - Assassin
- Cyan - Ritualist
- Pale Yellow - Paragon
- Grey - Dervish
| For a list of all bosses, see Category:Bosses.