- Find and destroy the Titan Lord Evirso Sectus and his army in Mineral Springs.
- Return to Vision of Glint for your reward.
- 20,000 XP
- "Titan Lord Evirso Sectus and his army are amassing numbers out in Mineral Springs. We expect that as soon as the army is big enough they will attempt to overtake Droknar's Forge. Break through the ranks of titans to find the Lord and the rest of his underlings. Killing the Lord would put a huge dent in the titan force and convince the rest of them to retreat."
- "Your efforts have put the Titan army into disarray, but there is still more work to be done. Their presence is spreading throughout Tyria, and they must be stopped!"
This quest is straightforward in terms of where to go and what to do. Getting there through the titans is the difficult part. The forces of titans in this region are led by the gigantic Frost Titan; upon its death it spawns an Icy Brute and a Titan's Malice. The Brute will spawn a Dark Titan and the Malice will spawn a Titan's Heart.
Travel to Granite Citadel and take the northern exit into Tasca's Demise. Here you will get your first taste of the new titans. With this quest accepted, the area now contains mesmer titans (Titan's Malice) and monk titans (Titan's Heart). Head northeast to exit into Mineral Springs.
At the first fork in the road, take the right path and stay with it. It will wind and turn until you reach a resurrection shrine. Past it, you will find a narrow path in the mountain. Inside that path you will find Evirso Sectus, a necromancer boss.
- Fire damage is incredibly effective on this quest.
- The Avicara and titans are hostile to each other. On several occasions, this can be used to get a group of each to fight each other.
- Frost Titans, Titan's Malices and Icy Brutes spawn smaller titans when killed. Do not kill too many of them at the same time, or you will be overwhelmed.
- Consider taking Greater Conflagration and using physical damage.
Bosses and Skills
The following bosses can be encountered during the Defend Droknar's Forge Quest:
- Disappointingly enough, while the quest is active, there will be no Ice Imps to drop Icy Dragon Swords, there will be no Ice Beast and no Seer to infuse your armor, and even if your territory has the Favor of the Gods, you will not be able to kneel and summon the avatar of Lyssa until Evirso Sectus is dead.
- This quest is the only Titan quest that can be easily completed with henchmen.
- Taking a Signet of Capture is an easy way to remove DP, providing there is a skill you don't have in Mineral Springs. However, the Avicara bosses spawn in different locations than normal, when this quest is active.