Full: If target foe has more Health than you, you gain half the difference (up to your maximum Health), and that foe loses an equal amount. If this foe has less Health than you, you lose half the difference, and that foe gains an equal amount.
Concise: You gain Health equal to half the difference between you and target, and this foe loses an equal amount. If this foe has less Health than you, you lose half the difference and that foe gains an equal amount.
- Eye of the North
- Note that all these suggestions are made concerning PvE. In PvP, regardless of your max hp, Grenth's Balance will only steal the difference between yours and the target player's current health, rendering the bonus hp pointless. Needless to say, most players will have an average amount of health in pvp (anywhere between 400 and 550).
How it works:
- Armor and Protection skills are ignored by Grenth's Balance.
- Grenth's Balance does not count as damage, therefore it will not trigger the 'on damage' effect of skills such as Balthazar's Spirit and Pacifism.
- If the caster has almost full health, this skill has little effect.
- If the caster's maximum health is low, then Grenth's Balance's maximum effect will be low because it only steals up to the caster's maximum health.
- Morale Boosts or Death Penalties have a high effect on Grenth's Balance because they can change maximum Health by anywhere from -60% to +10%.
Therefore Grenth's Balance is most effective when:
- The caster uses a Vigor rune and several Vitae runes, and no major/superior attribute runes to maximize his gainable Health.
- The caster wears armor that uses the Survivor's Insignia.
- The caster uses items that increase health.
- The caster uses skills such as Demonic Flesh or Endure Pain to raise their maximum health temporarily, which corresponds to a temporary increase in gainable health.
- The target is high level. This is simply because a character's maximum health increases with their level.
- The caster has no death penalty (or, even better, maximum morale boost)
- This skill works extraordinarily well on bosses such as Kuunavang or Glint, as their maximum health is often very high.