The Guild Wars Eye of the North Prerelease Bonus Pack is a new retail package for the upcoming new expansion Guild Wars Eye of the North.
From the official Press Release:
- The prerelease bonus pack for Guild Wars: Eye of the NorthTM is set to arrive on retailer's shelves on July 20 and will include a host of compelling features, including exclusive in-game items and access to the Guild Wars: Eye of the North Sneak Peek Weekend set for later this summer.
- Players who pre-order Guild Wars: Eye of the North will gain access to the Sneak Peek Weekend, August 24–26, 2007
- The Guild Wars: Eye of the North Prerelease Bonus Pack also comes with exclusive weapons, including the Glacial Blade, the Hourglass Staff, and the Darksteel Longbow.
- In addition, the prerelease bonus pack includes a Guild Wars Trilogy Trial DVD that provides access to all three of the Guild Wars campaigns for a special trial promotion lasting 10 hours or 14 days, whichever comes first.
The Prerelease Bonus Pack will allow players to access campaigns not yet unlocked on their accounts, although it is unknown as of now whether any of the skills obtained during the trial will be able to be retained, or what will happen to characters left in an area of a locked campaign or characters native to locked campaigns once the trial expires.
The Prerelease Bonus Pack adds the Glacial Blade, the Hourglass Staff and the Darksteel Longbow to all characters in a merged account.
The weapon stats are as follows:
- Cold damage: 15-22 (Requires 9 Swordsmanship)
- Damage +15% (While Enchanted)
- Can be upgraded with a Sword Pommel.
- Piercing damage: 15-28 (Requires 9 Marksmanship)
- Armor penetration +20% (Chance: 20%)
- Damage +15%
- Energy -5
- Two handed
- Can be upgraded with a Bow Grip.
- Energy +15
- Fire damage: 11-22 (Requires 9 Divine Favor)
- Fire damage: 11-22 (Requires 9 Soul Reaping)
- Fire damage: 11-22 (Requires 9 Fast Casting)
- Fire damage: 11-22 (Requires 9 Energy Storage)
- Fire damage: 11-22 (Requires 9 Spawning Power)
- Halves skill recharge of spells (Chance: 20%)
- Halves casting time of spells (Chance: 10%)
- Health +45 (While Enchanted)
To gain these items, type /bonus while in a town or outpost. They will appear in your inventory, and will be customized for the character who gained them. This can be done as many times as you wish, on as many characters as you wish, unless the character currently has the items in his or her inventory. An item can be put on several heroes by kicking those that wield it already, then typing /bonus again.