A landmark is a broad and generic term used by this wiki to describe a named place or area within the Guild Wars world. It is synonymous to Point of Interest.
A landmark is almost always fully contained within a zone, but never the zone itself. It can also be unreachable by the player, falling outside of any zone.
Examples of Landmarks
- Statues: Balthazar, Grenth
- Non-outpost Villages: Ashford Village, Dakutu Village
- Shrines: Shrine of Maat
- Monuments: King's Watch
- Geographic points-of-interest: Hammer Gate, Onghsang Island, Tomaat Pass
- Town points-of-interest: Merchant's Corner in Lion's Arch
- Unreachable points-of-interest: the Fortress of Jahai; the monuments to Nahlah and Dahlah off Mehtani Keys