A location is a broad and generic term used by this wiki to describe a named place or area within the Guild Wars world.
Types of location
On the whole, the term location is synonymous to the term Zone, although it can be used in a broader sense. For example, a Landmark is not strictly a Zone as they are located within a Zone, but can be considered a location as it is a named place.
Lists of locations
- The following pages list locations according to the campaign they belong to:
- Maps has links to many maps
An indented item is an item of the type it is indented under; it follows that everything listed is a location.
The list order is (roughly) large to small.
- World — Tyria
- Continent — made of regions, corresponds to one or more campaign
- Region — usually encompasses several zones
- Zone — displays a loading screen when you enter
- Staging area — allows party formation, does not allow combat, can have districts
- Combat area — has instances, allows combat
- Landmark — usually located within a zone, usually not named on the map
- Command Post is an explorable area that does not allow combat, because there are no enemies.
- Fortress of Jahai is a landmark named on the World Map.
- Ascalon City, Chahbek Village and D'Alessio Seaboard have combat, but the player can't participate.
- The staging areas in pre-searing Ascalon have no henchmen and no Xunlai.
- When in town, double-click to eat means you can use that consumable in any staging area.