I disagree with the redirect
As far as I'm aware, anything that uses Arcane Echo to do area-effect damage is an "echo nuker". This includes tons of Elementalist builds as well as the popular SS nuker and FoC spiker Necromancer builds. I don't think it makes sense for this article to redirect to a single build article. — 130.58 (talk) (00:03, 17 June 2006 (CDT))
- The purpose of the redirect is to point out a build that has been vetted by the GuildWiki community. Unless you're going to create an article discussing Echo Nukers (which will most likely contain builds anyway), it would be more productive to redirect this page to a build rather than delete it. I would presume that many players who search "Echo Nuker" will want to look for a build, and redirecting is far easier than going through the Builds namespace. If we're not going to redirect it to [Build:E/Me Echo Nuker], we should create a disambiguation page. Remember, it's not so much an issue about pages linking to this article name; it's about users searching it and redirecting towards the actual article. --Scottie theNerd 18:28, 7 December 2006 (CST)
- I'm hoping the easiest solution is to just modify the default search to look in both the main and the build namespace, rather than just the main namespace. That would resolve the problem. I left Fyren a note on his talk page suggesting this to see if it's an option. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 18:30, 7 December 2006 (CST)
Search defaults aside, in response to the original CfD reason: do we agree that this should redirect to the E/Me Echo Nuker page, or should we create a disambiguation page? --Scottie theNerd 18:37, 7 December 2006 (CST)
- This article should exist, probably as a general description like boon prot instead of a build redirect. That's sort of what the first revision was, but then Skuld changed it and it's just sort of stayed like that since. --Fyren 18:37, 7 December 2006 (CST)
- I agree. After thinking about it, this is more than just a build name, it's a common term used in-game by players. Existing build redirects under names like "W/Mo Bad Warrior Build" can eventually get cleaned up as they are left over from the migration to the new namespace; but common term redirects to the most common builds should likely be kept.
- The redirect seems more logical to me than a disambiguation page for this. --- Barek (talk • contribs) - 18:41, 7 December 2006 (CST)