|/Archive 1 ~ 2005 Jun 29||/Archive 2 ~ 2005 Aug 19|
|/Archive 3 ~ 2005 Nov 17||/Archive 4 ~ 2006 Feb 11|
|/Archive 5 ~ 2006 Mar 26|
- To discuss things directly relevant to the Main Page or the edit copy, please use Talk:Main Page/editcopy.
- For discussions regarding GuildWiki in general, please use Project talk:Community Portal.
- If you have any questions that aren't relevant to a specific talk page, head over to Project:Request assistance and add it.
what would happen if I deleted the main page? —♥Jedi♥Rogue♥ 17:24, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- We'd get some red links, and people would find a dead link when they'd go to this site? Dont think it's much different than another page being deleted. Oh, and you'll get yelled at. --- -- (s)talkpage 17:32, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- what if i only deleted it for a second?—♥Jedi♥Rogue♥ 17:33, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
- You'd get the title Uber Leet Micro Skeelz for undeleting a page within a second. --- -- (s)talkpage 17:34, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
What has happened to this wikia? everything is so hard to read with colour clashes and it just looks ugly now, can it not be put back how it used to be?
- guildwiki.org is probably what you're looking for. Maybe. --Vipermagi 15:19, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- We're trying a "gaming" theme and we're also endeavoring to rectify any color clashes. If you'd point to us to areas you need work, we'll try to do our best. (Feel free to help out and fix things yourself.) This change is coming about because we want to distinguish this wiki from guildwiki.org. We're lifting a lot of restrictions that used to apply to GuildWiki, so if you'd like to try something the other Guild Wars wikis don'tlet, you've come to the right place. --◄mendel► 14:15, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah i see, tbh i thought it looked better as it was but i'm sure you guys know best :P I encountered the colour clash just trying to look at monk armour, i would of personally changed this myself but i have never edited a wiki page before or not a lot so would have no idea where to start, it would be nice if there was an option to view the wikia in either Retro or the Modern theme, because although i do quite like the modern look the retro, to me, just didn't need changing, was perfect :)
- Well, we're not able to offer the old theme to anons any more since our hosting service, Wikia, decided to make their new skin, codenamed "Oasis", mandatory. This means no more page tabs, navbar on the right and the toolbars at the top and bottom, and it's entirely out of our control and the main reason for the transition to Curse. (We can still change some colors.) If you made an account and logged in, you could set your skin to display all pages like this, though some things would not work properly. --◄mendel► 22:09, December 30, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh my, i have really missed this theme haha, Thank you very much for the help :)
damn copycats, if this wiki. damn
- May I inform you that GuildWiki existed before wiki.guildwars.com? The community has moved on to guildwiki.org now, and if you check the history of some prophecies pages there or here, you'll find they're older than their GuildWars Wiki counterparts. --◄mendel► 21:40, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. However, they're all wikis and to scream copycat is ridiculous. Especially when many have and may edit some of the same pages on more than one wiki. Just there are differences in details, etc. between the wikis. Ariyen 21:57, February 22, 2011 (UTC)
Attribute vs. Attitude
There is no theme where attitude would fit better then attribute - and whithout such a theme using such, even small, pieces of mockery appear more like trolling then anythhing. Sorry to say so.
As for 'theme, if fanfiction is the new path I suggest focussing the main page on the stories of the game, with only a few entries into the mechanics site of the game. Maybe invite players to write a story around yesterday's (or last weeks) Zaishen Bounty/xxx and off course, once those do get written, a few sentences from the most recent of such stories.
Meanwhile, random nonsense like this will put off anyone who happens to drfit near this wikia. Unless off course that is the intention. Amy Awien 18:07, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- It's fan fiction, are you seriously that blind? Oh my goodness, go to guildwiki or the official , if you want it to be "completely" official and no fan fic. It says fanfic. There is a section on the side of the page asking for more fan fiction stories, etc. Seriously, guildwiki moved. It was discussed and I'm sorry you missed out. Ariyen 19:43, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Here let me quote for you "Welcome to GuildWars Wikia ,an 'unofficial fanfic' wiki for ArenaNet's Competitive Online RPG, Guild Wars." bolded the parts, in case you missed it.
- And the site msg, "May has been officially declared "fandom month" here on GuildWars Wikia. Please post your best GuildWars fanfic or fan artor video!" Ariyen 19:47, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- FYI to anyone here who has same issue as Amy... It was given permission by Mendel in Irc to do the Main Page into a fan fiction. If you have a problem with any fan fiction, take it up with Mendel, but do note the quotes. This wiki is a fan fiction wiki now, the Guild Wiki Team moved from here and so all of the actual documentation are relocated and on their pages. There's also the official wiki that handles actual documentation, we don't need to be a third, hence fan fic, turning some of the actual information like Nicholas the Traveler into some fan fiction, while still holding basic facts in a fictional way. I know we appreciate the help, but I don't think we need problems or issues. This community has "shrunk" and is barely surviving on the few that edit here. Ariyen 20:19, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- You seriously need to work on your attitude, 'blind'? I suggest you lighten up and communicate in a normal way.
- I have not seen any argument as to why attitude fits better with a fan-fiction oriented site then attribute.
- Btw, have you written any guildwars fan-fiction here? Just curious.
- Amy Awien 20:34, May 23, 2011 (UTC)