|The Arid Sea|
|Skyward Reach, Vulture Drifts, Crystal Overlook|
Area Name: The Arid Sea
Region: Crystal Desert
It features a gigantic statue of a warrior east of the center of the area. From a distance, the statue appears to be erect. When players approach, the mirage disappears, and only the boots remain erect. After that, the torso serves as a bridge between two rock mounds and allows access to the area where Siliss Yassith resides. This statue can also be seen from the Crystal Overlook in Elona.
Exits / Neighbour Areas
- North: Skyward Reach
- Northwest: Vulture Drifts
- Southwest: Vulture Drifts
- South: Crystal Overlook, Elona (through a portal guarded by a Forgotten Guardian)
- (26) Sand Wurm
- Enchanted: Northeast, in the Elonian ruins.
- (26) Rock-Eater Scarab
- (26) Dune Burrower
- (26) Jade Scarab
- (26) Sand Giant: Center, east and south.
- (26) Salving Cactus
- (26) Hydra
- Note: None of these bosses have elite skills
Rare Material Crafter
- In the northwestern ruins players can find an item called the Ancient Weapon.
- There is a statue in the southeastern area resembling a female warrior in Templar armor; the statue can be seen from the Crystal Overlook in the Desolation.
- For information regarding the mysterious portal to the Desolation that can be found at the far south end of the Arid Sea, see: Forgotten Guardian.
- To receive credit for the Vanquisher title track in this area you must defeat 87-136 monsters in Hard Mode. As usual, any hydra should be killed on sight; there is a group that runs clockwise around the entire map, making it time-consuming to vanquish the area.
- It is possible to come here with a group of 8 if approached from Crystal Overlook.
- In the ruins east of the portal to Vulture Drifts players can be 'teleported' onto the scaffolding for a nice view by walking beneath the broken end of the east facing scaffolding.
- This is the only area in the Crystal Desert that does not include pairs of teleporters.
- Total exploration will give 1.6% towards Tyrian Explorer Title Track