Welcome to GuildWiki
This page is used as a task list to keep our efforts in the wiki coordinated and help new contributors finding issues that need attendance. Additionally, this page's discussion page is used for discussions that affect the wiki in general.
Also check out Category:Research needed for research specific tasks, Category:Helping out for more information about the wiki, and Category:Votes for issues that are being decided/debated by the community.
Policy copyright violations
Some of our policies were ripped from Wikipedia, and are therefore in violation of the GFDL. We need interested editors to rewrite said policies without the Wikipedia content. Category:Suspected copyright violations is a good place to start.
Please view the tentative guidelines for GuildWiki:Projects. Many of these task lists would be better suited toward a project—further, this article could be reconstituted as a real community portal if projects are better defined. If you wish to create a project for any list below, please do so!
A list of available Mediawiki XML database dumps is now available.
These tasks have a well defined stopping point. The usual style is to indicate the subtasks with bullets, and strike them out as they are completed. Add new completable taks to the bottom of this section.
Add Bosses that require Signet of Capture confirmation of skills in this category so other people can confirm them. Remember, RawDump is considered a form of SoC confirmation, just need to update the boss page, don't need an additional SoC check.
Update Collector rewards
- The weapons have Nightfall info. The armor articles still need to be updated.
These are tasks that have no stop date. Usually, these are administrative tasks, or tasks that require collecting a potentially infinite amount of data. Add new perennial tasks to the bottom of this section.
Please look at GuildWiki:Policy for suggested guidelines for proposing and changing policies, a more centralized way of tracking what is currently up for discussion, and a more up-to-date listing of GuildWiki policy.
Collect Boss/Mob Data
- For each offensive skill the monster use, record its damage on the talk page. If the damage does not ignore armor, record the armor the victim is wearing. Also note any enchantments or hexes that might have been in place.
- Wait for a damage-guru to back-solve the monster's rank in the relevant attribute.
Update Salvage Data Categories
Update all categores which "Contain raw material" to include all items in the wiki and add new categories to cover all raw materials.
- I did my best to categorize all the item articles for which at least one material component is known. Yet, the vast majority of the items still need research on into which material they salvage (especially regarding rare materials), so there is still a long way to go. --MRA 16:20, 24 October 2006 (CDT)
- I'm currently working on salvaging large amounts of collectable and salvage items to "fill in the gaps," and I'll be moving on to weapons (and everything else) afterwards. Hopefully I'll have enough data to generate some meaningful statistics by the end of this summer. --Mesti 01:38, 7 March 2007 (CST)
Collect Data On The After Cast Of Skills
- Skills like Aftershock have a time after the cast where you can not move nor cast. This is referred to as aftercast.
Data Collection For Drop Rate Research
If you're farming out there and committing all kinds of crimes against computer-controlled monsters, take a moment to open a spread sheet and jot down the drops of the monsters you take down. See, the Drop rate article for what data to collect.
Furnish Missing Images
- See Old image requests for old image requests
Improve Spelling Quality
- Help build GuildWiki:Misspellings and fix up all the pages linked to in there.