Welcome FG =) — Skuld 20:55, 5 April 2006 (CDT)
- Thanks, but I've been here since November. Most of my edits have been anonymous though. F G 21:05, 5 April 2006 (CDT)
Slaughtering Babies for Organs
That's the first time I've laughed out loud reading the GuildWiki in ages. :)
That said, some users (especially those who speak English as a second language) won't think of that as a joke, and I can see people getting pissed over that sort of thing. Keep an ear out for complaints, and if you hear any, tone it down a little. —Tanaric 12:24, 7 April 2006 (CDT)
- Xasxas thought that I was fanning the flames with that comment. Surprised me somewhat -- I thought it was quite plainly a laugh line. F G 17:17, 7 April 2006 (CDT)
About the armor penetration article
Can you be more specific about what you thought was deleteworthy about that passage? Your comment on the talk page was very cryptic. Feel free to respond on the article's talk page -- just trying to get your attention. — Stabber (talk) 15:37, 18 April 2006 (CDT)
You speak Python natively? That's awesome! Maybe I can ask you for some bot help sometimes as I had to teach myself Python for Stabbot.
Also I can't help but comment that because the P in Prolog is capitalized,
knows(user,Prolog) unifies with any
knows(user, X). That is quite a boast, you know. — Stabber 14:18, 22 April 2006 (CDT)
- Good point. F G 19:36, 24 April 2006 (CDT)
- Okay, I love your userpage too. -Tanaric (who can't freakin' log in from this machine)
I just wanted to thank you for keeping a cool head during the recent "issue" with the Mo/Me PvE Life Barrier Monk. I'm glad to see there are still people who can post facts and then let them speak for themselves without feeling the need to pose and posture at the same time. :) (As a side note, I have no idea who is correct in this argument, nor do I really care, but you are one of the few people who acted with a cool head here.) --Rainith 23:14, 6 May 2006 (CDT)
- Thanks for that kind comment. I am not sure how cool headed I'm really, but it's always good to be perceived that way :) By the way, you're an admin, right? Can you see if you agree with me regarding User talk:22.214.171.124#More dirty laundry washing, or should I just let sleeping dogs lie? F G 23:27, 6 May 2006 (CDT)
- At this point I'm inclined to just leave it. If it becomes an issue again, it can be revisited. Keep in mind that that is just my opinion, if you feel strongly about it, pursue it. --Rainith 23:33, 6 May 2006 (CDT)
- Yeah, as I said on her page, that was just a bad idea. But I see that you have backed down. esan 06:28, 7 May 2006 (CDT)
delete on Template:PvE
It wasn't ment as a redirect, it was a wrong template name, thanks for adding a delete tag to it anyway. --Jamie 04:31, 8 May 2006 (CDT)
About enforcing policies
I think you have a fairly valid point about who should be enforcing guildwiki policies. My user page is not the right place to raise this issue, as has already been pointed out. If you care enough about it, you should restart the debate on GuildWiki talk:Community Portal — Stabber ✍ 07:40, 8 May 2006 (CDT)
Request for proof
Just found this on PanSola's talk page.
- Stabber deserves a more severe ban because he has a long history of abusive behaviour. F G 04:40, 7 May 2006 (CDT)
- Well, I've often seen you make edits that are just on the borderline of acceptability and would be considered breaking decorum in more conservative circles such as Wikipedia. I am not going to dig through your contribs again to find examples, as each example will be explained away individually. The sum of your edits stands out because you are possibly the most active member here in terms of number of edits, 95% of which are, as described by that anon, of the "maintenance worker" variety. Why do you make such a large number of trivial edits? If you had made significant contributions to this site, one would be more inclined to accept your mannerisms. But you live in the background and haunt the political side of GuildWiki. Your actual authorship here is---as far I can reconstruct---limited to Team - Barrage/Pet (Tomb Ruins) and Blood Spike. You have nowhere near the raw amount of contributions here of Karlos or PanSola, or even non-admins like Tetris L, Gem or Honorable Sarah. Now, wikignomish activities are certainly not worthless---I am not saying that, and would argue that they are the opposite of worthless---but they are best done by people who do not pretend that they own the place. They should most definitely not disobey policies (no one should!).
- Also note that I am not the first person to raise a stink about the nature of your GuildWiki activity: at least once previously you have been threatened with a ban warning because of your behaviour. You act like an admin without being one and that is abusive, even if it is not apparent to you.
- Sorry if this reads harshly, but I do not like to sugarcoat things. As I said on your talk page, I desire to simply drop this matter, as there has now been an obscenely high amount of time devoted to it. F G 13:43, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
- And there you go with the quitting routine again. Fine, I'll cut you a deal. You remain steadfast this time to your intention to quit, and I will in turn quit myself. The wiki will go on, minus one person with a short temper and another with no tact. This is good for the whole. F G 14:08, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
- Blah, again I do not think Stabber has ever pretended she owns the place or pretended to have the status/power of admins. People make mistakes all the time. Heck, I have been known to break a few policies here and there. I completely disagree with F G's characterization of Stabber's contribution on the wiki. -PanSola 15:05, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
- You know, I am not easily angered, but that was one utterly disgusting comment. You have very possibly cost GuildWiki one of its prized treasures. And for what purpose? Stabber has done nothing to deserve such a harsh comment from you. And what pray are your own contributions here? You accuse her of thuggery, and what have you done? I have no problem with anyone else here, but you, sir, you and you alone have made me ashamed to have ever associated with this site. I think you have very likely precipitated an exodus. For instance, this is the very last edit I myself will make here. Good bye. esan 15:14, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
- You are not exactly a disinterested party here, considering that you have claimed to know Stabber in real life. You are simply being blinded by your loyalty. By the way, I find it very suspicious that you disappear for long stretches of time, only to reappear whenever Stabber has one of her phases. I won't beat around the bush: I think you are Stabber's sockpuppet. Or vice-versa. I've been on the internet long enough to know what a woman's writing reads like, and Stabber's writing doesn't fit. She (you) is (are) a balding 40 year old male, as is generally the case. Google shows next to no hits for "Stacy Berger", which means that the name was manufactured to fit "Stabber", rather than the reverse. I seriously doubt the real Stacy Berger is so well versed in covering her tracks from Google. I am very careful with my identity myself, and still there are hundreds of hits for my real name. So I read the above comment as Stabber/Esan's true response to my comment, in which case it gives me a grim satisfaction. Good riddance to both of you. The internet has enough of your nonsense. F G 15:52, 9 May 2006 (CDT)