The Xunlai Tournament House is the in-game representation of Anet's tournament betting system, where players can predict the outcomes of tournaments. Xunlai Tournament Agents work for the Tournament House and appear in major cities before tournaments.
According to Godun, Xunlai Tournament House Commissioner:
- Long ago, there were two brothers named Laihuen and Minwien. These two brothers were fiercely competitive. When the brothers were young, they would compete against one another for everything — the longest jump, the swiftest runner, even who could eat food faster! And yet, even though they tried to outdo one another, these two brothers were still very good friends. As adults, they traveled the world, picking up new skills and fighting dangerous monsters. Each year they would return and hold a competition to see who was better — and they would let others fight, as well! These games became famous, and drew crowds from many kingdoms to bet on the outcome of each battle.
- Well, eventually, the brothers both fell in love with the same woman, and... ah, but that's another story. Suffice it to say that one went to Tyria while one stayed in Cantha, and the tournaments stopped for a very long time — until 1071, when trade between our two countries began once again. The competitions were revived as a way of celebrating the heroes of our shared past, and honoring them was the basis of the Xunlai Tournament House that we have today.
How to participate
To enter the contest, players log in at the Xunlai Tournament House webpage using their Xunlai Tournament House user name and password. New players may setup a new account there.
How to play
The object of the contest is to predict the final results of the playoffs of an actual tournament. Once logged in, predictions may be selected by dragging and dropping the names of the 32 participating in the desired order. Players can come back to make changes to their predictions at any time before a certain deadline.
How to win
Predictors earn 1 point for each guild they correctly ranked in their prediction. In the event that a guild does not complete the tournament, they will still be ranked based upon their results for the purposes of this contest. Predictors earn a number of selections of in-game prizes based upon the number of points they have earned.
|# of Points Earned||Prizes Won|
- Winterfest 2006 Tournament (Prizes: Wintergreen weapons)
- Celestial Tournament (Prizes: Special transmogrify potions)
- Xunlai Tournament House official site