Mhenlo was born in Serenity Temple to a priestess of Dwayna and a priest of Balthazar. Although he was tutored in the magic of both these gods, he does not use any Smiting Prayers in the game. He is a member of the Heroes of Ascalon.
Lore from the official website:
- Born in Serenity Temple to a priest of Dwayna and priestess of Balthazar, Mhenlo has been steeped in the teachings of healing and smiting magic. A devoted servant of both Dwayna and Balthazar, he has studied hard his entire life, and has been rewarded by both the gods of his provenance. But paying allegiance to two gods has not been without its consequences; without a clear path to follow, Mhenlo has a tendency to over-analyze situations and possible consequences, not sure whether to take the path of aggressive strength or that of defensive grace.
- Mhenlo has spent much of his life inside Serenity Temple, paying homage to the old gods and studying the Path, which will lead him to enlightenment. He is rather timid as the story begins, not completely trusting of his magical prowess. But with Cynn's help he gains confidence and becomes more comfortable with his considerable power.
In the Prophecies Campaign, Brother Mhenlo is one of the Monks of Ashford Abbey and is a Profession Trainer for new Monk characters. After the Searing, he can be found helping the survivors of Ascalon and, later on, making several other appearances with Devona, Aidan, and Cynn as the campaign progresses. Also of note is that there are several indications of a bond beginning to form between Mhenlo and Cynn, hinting at a growing romance, most notably in the quest The Wayward Monk and the above lore.
It was revealed in the Factions Campaign that Mhenlo was a former student of Master Togo of Shing Jea Monastery. Master Togo had sent a request for aid and Mhenlo readily traveled to Cantha to answer the call. His group of friends (Devona, Aidan, Eve, and Cynn) accompanied him. It would also later reveal that Mhenlo is on good terms with the Kurzicks as the group of friends traveled to the Echovald Forest to seek aid. This campaign would play up and provide stronger indications of his romantic relationship with Cynn.
|Quests Involved In|
- 1 only during the Caravan in Trouble quest
- 2 just before the exit to Pockmark Flats
- 3 just before the exit to the Eastern Frontier
- 4 only during The Wayward Monk quest
- 5 for non-Prophecies characters only
- 6 only during The Ascalon Settlement quest, right outside Lion's Arch
- 7 only during Into the Unknown quest
- 8 only during Welcome to Cantha quest for non-Factions characters
- 9 only during the Chaos in Kryta quest
- 10 only during the quests The Count's Daughter, The Convocation and City Under Attack
- 11 only during Finding The Oracle quest
- 12 only during To Tahnnakai Temple quest
- 13 only during the quest The Count's Daughter and the mission
- 14 only during entry cinematic and mission
- As a Prophecies or Factions NPC
|Ashford Abbey||"Greetings my child. Can I help you today, or are you here to offer your services to those in need?"|
|Lion's Gate||"I'm glad you made it, (character name). It seems we've arrived just in time. My people from Ascalon have been given refuge here in Kryta and as such, we are all cleared to enter the city of Lion's Arch. We've managed to convince Lionguard Neiro to allow you access as well... it was easy when we explained how you've come to help us fight the threat of the undead in Kryta. When you're ready to enter the city, let Lionguard Neiro know."|
|Kaineng City||"Keep your eyes open and your weapons at the ready, (character name). Thugs and pickpockets have plenty of places to hide here, and they will be more than happy to take advantage of you."|
| Bejunkan Pier|
(during Chaos in Kryta)
|"I was born in the far off lands of Ascalon, far to the north, on the continent of Tyria. It was once a thriving kingdom, but one day the armies of the Charr came and attacked out people. On that horrible day, they invoked a fearsome magic that destroyed our kingdom and left almost all of it in ruins... an event we call the Searing. While some of our people remained in Ascalon with King Adelbern to defend the kingdom against the Charr, many more joined with his son, Prince Rurik. Rurik left our homeland and crossed the treacherous Shiverpeak Mountains, home of the Dwarves, to reach the lands of Kryta. Though Rurik did not survive the journey, his courage and sacrifice enabled our people to find a new home near Lion's Arch. I have received word that a new threat has arisen and threatens all of Kryta, including the Ascalon refugees. Soon I must return home to answer the call and deal with that threat."|
| Shenzun Tunnels|
during To Tahnnakai Temple
|"Keep your eyes open and your weapons at the ready, (character name). Thugs and pickpockets have plenty of places to hide here, and they will be more than happy to take advantage of you."|
|Divine Path||"Though we lost Master Togo, we can take solace in the fact that his sacrifice was not in vain. Thank you for your valiant service. If you should ever have need of me, send word my way and I will come."|
|Consulate Docks||"Greetings, (character name). Ahai, as they say here in Istan. We heroes have come from afar to answer the call for aid the Sunspears sent out to the world. Though Tyria and Cantha have their own problems, we will not turn a blind eye to the evil that threaten [sic] to swallow our neighbors here in Elona."|
|Throne of Secrets|
Mhenlo, Healer Henchman編輯
As far as healing goes, Mhenlo is undeniably more effective than Alesia (another Prophecies henchman) at healing. Even after taking some casualties, he can often keep the remaining party members alive long enough to finish off the current group of enemies. He does, however, sometimes run up to the frontlines to use Healing Touch, which immediately focuses enemy attention on him.
- Solid healer who, coupled with Lina, can sustain a party very well.
- Often faster and more effective at healing than Alesia.
- Very fragile.
- Has the same resurrection issues as Lina. He will at times opt to resurrect when party members are taking heavy damage, resulting in one death becoming several deaths. Most annoying is that, at times, both he and Lina will attempt to resurrect the same fallen member, leaving a hench party completely without Monk support for the duration. Once they start using Restore Life, they will not stop until the skill activates, regardless of the fact that the dead ally may have been resurrected already.
|-||"My mother was a priestess of Dwayna, my father a priest of Balthazar. I walk a fine line between the teachings of both. I grew up in the shadows of Serenity Temple, and as anyone who had a similar childhood can attest to, there are advantages and disadvantages to having your spiritual well-being so closely monitored."|
|-||"My mother was a priestess of Dwayna. She told me tales of a voice that speaks in the darkness of our dreams. I sense that voice now beneath Elona's surface. My father was a priest of Balthazar. He taught me what to do with nightmares. You fight them. And you never give in."|
|Ring of Fire Islands||
- He is also one of five henchmen who appear in three campaigns: Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall (although technically, Mhenlo is not a henchman in Factions).
- He uses the emotes as a Ranger rather than a Monk.
- On the inside of the front part of his vest has the Sanskrit letter 'aum' and the words Baptiste said "Full Chakra" written on it. "Baptiste" was the family name formerly given to Alesia.
- Sometimes Mhenlo will refuse to revive party members if there are only henchmen left standing (currently this has only been experienced in Elona).
- Mhenlo is one of only four NPC characters to have an official write-up on guildwars.com.
|德佛娜 • 盧卡斯 • 海洋守衛 依萊 • 銀翼塔隆 艾登 • 歐若拉 • 戴門 • 裕引 • 若 丹妮卡 • 佳美 • 救贖者克魯斯 • 海洋守衛 基塔 • 泰修女 • 塔亞 布魯特斯 • 依芙 • 辛納 • 蘇 埃里斯 維思柏 • 羅夏 • 海洋守衛 哈蘭 艾高 • 莘 • 首席大師 方 • 凱英 • 希采 艾米 • 舞 • 妮佳 • 派鳴 依桑 • 千代 • 蓋師範|
|艾伯斯 • 艾登 • 莘 • 德佛娜 • 傑洛斯 • 伊芙 • 荷塔 • 奇姆 • 涵洛 • 朱拉 • 索格隆 • 帝瑪拉|